Our objective is to create versatile, comfortable and stylish clothes that you will love, but we also want our products to comply with our philosophy and ethical code. Therefore, we stand for ethical consumerism, for quality clothing that is respectful and fair to people and to the environment.
We hope you will enjoy our new collection. ;)
Organic cotton versus conventional cotton - so what exactly is the difference?
Organic cotton is cultivated in certified fields free from toxic substances and harmful pesticides or insecticides. The cultivation of conventional cotton on the other hand is considered to be one of the most contaminating crop cultivations on a global level, due to the fact that it uses up to 25% of the world’s insecticides and 10 % of all pesticides.
The use of all these pesticides and toxic chemicals does not only have a negative impact on the eco system where these monocultures are grown, but can also be harmful to the health of the farmers who work in the fields and harvest the crops.
Main advantages of organic clothing:
- Organic cotton is cultivated using methods and materials that have a lower impact on the environment.
- By wearing organic cotton items, you can help promote more ethical and healthier working conditions for farmers.
- Your skin is not in direct contact with harmful substances.
- You will be using soft, breathable fabrics that are also hypoallergenic, due to the absence of toxic substances.
- Genetically modified seeds are never used in organic farming.
- The water usage is more efficient and less water is being wasted due to the increase of the organic matter content in the soil.
- Using crop rotation helps achieve high levels of productivity in the fields.
- Less seeds are wasted in organic farming, because seed removal is done manually.
- No petrochemical fertilizers or harmfull pesticides are used.
In short, no environmentally harmful chemical insecticides, pesticides or fertilisers are used in GOTS organic cotton farming. Natural cycles are respected. The spinning of the yarn and the manufacturing of the fabric is done without the use of toxic substances. In this way, a sustainable and ecological yarn can be obtained with which high quality clothes that don't harm thew skin can be created.